I had the pleasure of discovering some really cool travel articles this week and I just couldn’t keep it to myself. What kind of friend would I be if I did?
1. You all know my travel style. I like a good travel deal but I like to be comfortable. In short, I’m not a backpacker. So I was super siked when I discovered the Black Travel Snob blog. From Black Travel Snob’s website: Not quite a backpacker, not yet a luxury traveler. Is this you? Ummm… YES! http://btsnob.com/about/
2. Everyone has a little nerd in them. I enjoyed Off The Track Planet’s 7 Nerdy Destinations, especially since number two was the Shakespeare house in Stratford Upon Avon. Imported Chocolate originals will remember my very first Imported Chocolate post was Finding Shakespeare, a post about my trip to Stratford Upon Avon for my twenty sixth birthday. http://offtrackplanet.com/magazine/articles/the-7-nerdiest-destinations-around-the-world
3. Another Off The Track Planet article that was too funny! How to Impress a Travel Whore! http://offtrackplanet.com/magazine/articles/how-to-impress-a-travel-whore
4. I love foreign films. I am the foreign film queen. If it’s set in a different country I’m all over it! One of the first things I do before I visit a new destination is watch several films based in the country or city I’m traveling to. So I thought this Off The Track Planet article, 5 Movies you Must See Before Going to Japan, was so on point. http://offtrackplanet.com/magazine/articles/5-movies-you-must-see-before-going-to-japan
5. I always talk about how a book is like free travel: it has the ability to transport you to far off places when your feet stay firmly planted on the ground, and a travel memoir ups the ante! Shout out to Imported Chocolate, Christian McKenzie for sharing this Clutch Magazine article: Five Books that Let you Travel Without Leaving your Couch. http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/02/5-books-let-travel-without-leaving-couch/