Sawadeeeeee (hello in thai) my fellow Imported-Chocolates!
Here are the top 10 reasons to visit Thailand (according to me, at least):
1. Amazing weather (don’t go between July and August, those are the hottest months, but any other time is great).
2. You can ride an elephant.
3. You can literally stay in a bungalow that’s surrounded by greenery and has monkeys playing on the roof.
4. The beaches.
5. Sweet Thai hospitality (so many polite, courteous people).
6. You can trek through a jungle.
7. The FOOD!!! Oh the food…mmmm…I will go back even just for the food (both street food and restaurant food).
8. You can go sailing/scuba diving/snorkeling.
9. Beautiful historical temples and a gorgeous palace for you to visit.
10. Have fun shopping in the marketplaces such as: Chatuchak Weekend Market, Klong Toey Market and the various floating markets.
Well, here’s an eleventh…
11. What happens in Bangkok, stays in Bangkok! The nightlife is amazing. There’s something for everyone: cosmopolitan lounges where you can see and be seen, the techno thumping scene, dive bars with good brews and good ol bars with live bands playing the classics. You can dance the night away! Or for the more mischievous ones…head to sukhumvit road and ask for soi cowboy; it’s not for the faint of heart: there are ping pong shows and lady boy shows, if that’s your kind of thing.
For everyone else, Khao San Road in Bangkok is great for shopping, nightlife and dining.
Stop by next week for my Top 9 Safety Tips for Thailand!
Have you been to Thailand? What was your favorite memory about the country?